Audio Visual Technician (EUS Analyst) job at KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
King’s College London is recruiting an Audio Visual Technician to work within the dedicated Audio Visual team to support a wide range of end user AV and IT systems to deliver courses, lectures and internal and external events.
We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent customer service and technical skills who will deliver a first-class user experience to staff, students and visitors via in-person support, phone calls, emails and Microsoft Teams.
The role will be primarily based at our Waterloo campus, which encompasses our buildings on the South Bank and at St Thomas’ Hospital. You will provide support to our lecture halls, classrooms, meeting rooms and other spaces. Your daily duties will include user support and maintenance of devices including Crestron control systems, PCs, data projectors, PA systems, smartboards, visualizers, lecture and course capture. other audiovisual equipment.
Other responsibilities include managing AV bookings, ensuring required AV equipment is available and functioning in rooms or delivered as required for conferences, functions and events; use remote tools to monitor and support users; audio and video recording of conferences and events; and Microsoft Teams support for hybrid meetings and HyFlex teaching.
Additional work with audio and video production or live event broadcasting may also be required.
This position will be offered on a full-time, indefinite-term contract.
- Support teaching, events and meetings
- Support and maintain a wide range of AV and IT technologies and services
- Manage support tickets and reservations within applicable SLAs
- Participate in the process of continuous improvement of the service
- Exercise strong professional and technical knowledge and keep abreast of new developments/best practices
- Contribute to our knowledge base and documentation as needed and adhere to University IT policy
- Act as an ambassador by providing advice and knowledge as appropriate
- Assist with witness testing, ensuring compliance with audio-visual standards as required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the position.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Good level of technical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of AV services such as display systems, PA systems, smartboards, visualizers, lecture capture and other AV equipment.
2. Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
3. Must have demonstrable AV experience or relevant technical industry experience (film/theater/music/events).
4. Experience working effectively as part of a team, particularly in delivering services and solving problems jointly
5. Ability to work under pressure and meet difficult deadlines
6. Good level of written and spoken English
7. Ability to effectively manage and prioritize own workload
1. Technical qualification related to audiovisual
2. Capable of installing, configuring, upgrading and testing desktop computers (Windows and macOS)
3. Previous experience with Crestron, Dante and Q-SYS systems
4. Educated to degree level
Due to the on-duty nature of the post after hours and attendance as required in accordance with the provisions of computer systems outside of working hours.
This position is subject to occupational health clearance.