GL 16-Port High Density T1 E1 Scan Tool
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland, June 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecommunications test and measurement solutions, spoke to the press regarding its high-density T1 E1 scan tool called tScan16 ™. This solution features 16 receive-only T1 E1 ports optimized for high-performance voice and data capture, monitoring, and analysis.
“GL’s tScan16™ offers greater density, increased ports and reduced power compared to other CT scan tools on the market. Cards (with direct memory access) are significantly faster, more efficient and well suited for high density cabling,” said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
He added: “The tScan16™ consists of a PCI Express card housed in a Windows host® the computer. Customers can use their own computer or GL can supply the PC as a rack-mounted (1U) or portable (Lunchbox) PC. A compact 16-port breakout box is also included for convenient and dense connection to the TDM network under test. GL provides the cable needed to connect the Breakout box to the PCI Express card. If customers choose to purchase the PC from GL, GL will complete the full hardware and software installation, giving the customer the ability to quickly deploy the solution and perform analysis.
The tScan16™ breakout box is used to receive T1 E1 traffic on 16 ports for the tScan16™ application. It consists of 8 pairs of RJ45c line and equipment ports. Users must connect straight cables to the line side and cross cables to the equipment side to receive signals from the line and the equipment.
tScan16™ T1 E1 scanners support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. 64-bit support improves the performance of related protocol analyzers such as ISDN, ISUP, GSM and allows users to monitor hundreds to thousands of signaling links simultaneously and continuously. It also provides improved processing and response time for statistics, Call data records, search and other similar functions.
- Software selectable interfaces 16 Rx only T1 E1
- PCI Express x1 Card/Slot
- Convenient high density cabling
- Monitor T1 E1 line conditions such as frame errors, bipolar violations, alarms, frequency, power level, and clock (or frame/bit) slips
- Analysis of ISDN, SS7, Frame Relay, Multilink Frame Relay, PPP and Multilink PPP, HDLC and many other protocols
- All protocol analyzers include frame length in the protocol statistics selection choice for the data link layer
- Complete analysis of voice, data, fax, protocol and digital signals, including echo and voice quality testing
- Data (signaling data and traffic call records) collected at the probe is stored in a relational database (Oracle) using open database connectivity. With the use of the NetSurveyorWeb™ application, real-time and historical call data records can be viewed using a simple web browser interface for remote or local monitoring
- Call recording, analysis and monitoring for hundreds to thousands of calls on a single platform
About GL Communications Inc.
GL Communications is a global provider of telecommunications test and measurement solutions. GL’s solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of wireless (5G, 4G, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, Ethernet/IP, TDM and PSTN networks.
Vikram Kulkarni, PhD
Phone: 301-670-4784 x114
E-mail: [email protected]
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/254f4804-4bc2-417b-8db2-7c3081bd3210