Specialist: Data analysis and reporting at Capitec
- Enable efficient management of the credit portfolio thanks to:
- Fast and accurate delivery of credit risk reporting dashboards in accordance with the credit reporting framework.
- Advance the IT function in the automation of credit risk reporting and foster the development of “Help Yourself” dashboards for real-time access from anywhere in the business.
- Assist in the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of data quality management processes and procedures that enable the automated validation and exception reports required to advance the quality of credit data used in credit portfolio reports and as required from a data governance perspective (RDARR and BCBS239 compliance).
- Provide actionable information to inform decision making.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in data analysis or engineering (business process analysis, requirements determination, translation of requirements into solutions)
- Experience with analytical methodologies, process disciplines and systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to develop data interrogation techniques and the creation of data cubes
- Automation and planning experience
- More than 7 years of experience in data analysis or engineering (business process analysis, determination of requirements, translation of requirements into solutions)
- Experience in a similar role where responsibilities include data mining and development of automated procedures for management reporting purposes.
- Proven experience in applying MS SQL, MS Power BI, AWS Database exploration and analysis tools
- Exposure in a credit portfolio or financial management environment in a bank (banking environment)
- A relevant qualification in information technology – computer science or information management
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Bachelor of Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Management
- Knowledge of database tools, structures and extraction tools such as MS SQL, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS
- Knowledge of data integration and transformation practices
- Knowledge of data quality practices
- Knowledge of data mining and analysis
- Understanding of data science principles
- Knowledge of data architecture and analysis in the Capitec / Mercantile environment
- Knowledge of advanced visualization tools such as MS Power BI
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Talents for problem solving
Conditions of employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, to the extent possible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.
For more information regarding this vacancy, please contact the Capitec Talent Acquisition Specialist:
Mmina Machuene Thipe
Find out more / Apply for this position